Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy new year everyone! No, I have not disappeared nor have I given up on my blog. Be expecting some pretty cool things coming from me very soon!

Allow me to explain my brief hiatus now, though.

Over the past two months many personal things have come up. Some tragedies have happened among other things that I won't go into here. I want to share my good news with you! Over the past month I've been working diligently to get my affairs in order. The cosmetology program I was supposed to be on a waiting list for until August had a spot open up early and offered it to me!

The reason I've waited so long to announce it like this is that I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to afford it on such short notice. I really didn't want to share the big news and then have to take it all back because of a lack of funds. So now that I have been patient and quiet all is well and I'm in! Classes began last week and so far so good! I'm still waiting on a couple of things because of finances, though. I ended up ordering my textbooks from Amazon (so much cheaper than the campus bookstore!) so I'm waiting on those to come in... They have been shipped, though! On an even brighter note I'll finally be receiving my kit TOMORROW! How stinking exciting is that?! I'm planning on recording a video on the basics if what's inside. So be on the lookout for that real soon! So, now to carry on with my original blog plan... To let you guys know what being in beauty school is like. Right now, I'm on break at work so I don't have very much time to type but I will be posting a more detailed blog TONIGHT! My kit video will be up this week as well. I'm also considering creating a new blog about food (and my struggles and love for it, as well as some recipes). Looking forward to posting a real, brand new blog for you guys tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment