Saturday, July 24, 2010

Clay Crazy!

My first idea for earning some money was to buy some polymer clay to make jewelry out of.

I had great hopes and intentions of making pendants and beads for necklaces. I can remember using polymer clay as a kid and there are lots of people out there who make good money using it to make jewelry.

Pfft. Let me say, it's possible to make some cool/cute stuff out of the clay... but it is a HEADACHE! I spent an entire day trying to make all of the things I had originally thought of. All of that turned out to be pretty sad attempts. Finally, much later that night, I started making these really cute, tiny cupcakes, lollipops, and ice cream cones. Super cute!

But, what can I do with tiny cupcakes, lollipops and ice cream cones?!?!

I'm probably going to end up poking holes in them and stringing them onto a necklace but I haven't completely decided what to do yet. So, right now, they are remaining unbaked and in an air tight container to keep them pliable.

Anyone out there have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment