Monday, November 1, 2010

Negative Feedback and What I'm Not Going to be Sharing.

I still haven't received any actual negative comments on my youtube page, but I have managed to receive my first couple of "thumbs down"'s.

Wow.

That little thumbs down symbol is rather heartbreaking the first time you see it.

In my defense, the makeup techniques I post in my videos are meant to be simple techniques I feel comfortable sharing.

There are lots of things I've learned that I am not going to share with you guys. It's nothing against you, it's that I respect the teachers I've had and the information I've been given too much to put it out there for just anyone to grab up.

There are certain techniques I'm not going to share, certain product usages, tips and tricks... It deserves a better medium than youtube.

So, just know that I am capable of what I feel is some awesome stuff, even if the things I post on youtube seem pretty simplistic.

I most certainly have not claimed to be a hair stylist or chef. Some videos I've posted are just because I wanted to share some stuff I've discovered on my own with you guys.

I'm trying to have fun with this, and honestly I like my blog MUCH better than my youtube channel. But, I couldn't really figure out a way to advertise my blog to the masses without youtube.

Most of the feedback has been positive (THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO HAVE HAD A KIND WORD OR TWO TO SAY <3).

As of right now, I've gotten thumbs down on my Bruise/Black Eye Makeup Tutorial and my Manic Panic Hair Dye Tutorial. I'm embracing it. I am fully aware that the lighting really bit a big one on the black eye makeup tutorial. Lesson learned there. Other than that, I'm not unhappy with the video. I had a bunch of disasterous things happen during the process of the Manic Panic Hair Dye tutorial (read the Frantic Manic Panic blog). Probably shouldn't have bothered posting that bad boy. Should've just scrapped that and started from square one there. But I didn't. Lesson learned there.

Really, I want to give you guys some inspiration and I want to you guys to discuss whatever with me, even if it's criticism.

I just wanted to get that out of the way and steel myself for what I'm sure is a lot more negativity bound to float my way eventually.

Thanks again to those of who that have nice, polite, and supportive things to say.

I've always been told that "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." and I try to hold true to that, until I'm pretty stinkin' provoked.

But I also think that we can learn from hurtful experiences. Thanks also to those of you who have and will give me negative feedback. I needed to get my toes wet in the subject.




Signing off and hoping I'm sending positivity out there to somebody. Even when other people hit you with negativity, keep calm and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment