Friday, September 24, 2010

THE GLAMINAR!

There's SOOO much I could say about Kandee Johnson's Glaminar.

I stayed in the same hotel she had the glaminar in, and that was AMAZING and beautiful and the staff was super nice. The hotel promotes energy effeciency (wow, having a "brain fart"... that doesn't look as though it is spelled correctly... it might not be haha). Something I really liked about our room was hidden inspirational quotes all over the place; on notepads, coasters... I have a couple of pictures of coasters in my video. They said things to the effect of "Speak your mind, you're important" (that's not an exact quote) and I thought that was an especially nice touch. The pool was on the 16th floor and it was so cool. Instead of a normal railing, there was like a plexiglass thing all around so you could get right up to the edge and have an uninterrupted (that doesn't look right either, what is with me tonigt???) view. I'm not afriad of heights, but I have to admit, going up to the edge like that made ME dizzy.

My mom and I had dinner at the Hard Rock in downtown Atlanta... and the prices in there will just about make you faint, haha. But all of the staff in there were absolutely amazing as well! So nice! And of course there was plenty to look at in there, too.

I had a little bit of time to pamper myself in the hotel the night before the glaminar, too. Which, by the way, was so nice! I never have time to do that stuff at home, haha. I used some fancy footloose stuff... I filled up the bathtub and sat on the edge reading my Rolling Stone magazine and let my footsies soak. I think you're supposed to put that stuff in an actual footbath... but as long as I kept the water running and drained it along and along it fizzed up right nicely, haha. I haven't been able to get that much dry skin off of my feet since I can remember! And I religiously take care of my heels.

The day of the GLAMINAR was so amazing and so inspiring and you can just feel all of the love that Kandee emits.

My life motto used to be "Good things just don't happen to me" and now I have the confidence to feel like I can take on the world every single day.

And the more I try to be sweet like Kandee to everyone I see, the more people treat me differently.

I was in WalMart on Monday, and the woman in front of me had a normal, short conversation with the cashier. Just like anyone would do at the WalMart check out; friendly but not SUPER nice. When I got up to the check out, the lady behind the counter asked me how I was. When I responded, "I'm doing really great! How about you?" a beautiful grin crept across her face and she said "You don't know how nice it is to see a great, big smile." She spent the entire time she was ringing me up acting as if we were the best of friends. She asked me how I stayed so tiny. Being how I've gained quite a bit of weight in the past few years, that single comment (question, whatever) absolutely brightened my entire day. I walked out of that store on cloud nine. I get so many more compliments from strangers and I honestly believe it is because I try to project positivity everywhere I go.

Anyway, I learned SO much at the GLAMINAR! I made friends. Everyone was so friendly. Kandee's mom is so stinkin' cute and sweet! Kandee has such a big heart and she will genuinely open it to every single person she's anywhere close to.

It was so surreal being able to meet her! She puts so much work into the glaminars. I'm so sad that this is the farewell tour, because I would go back to another one in a heartbeat. If you have the opportunity to go to one of the final cities, GO!

She's not kidding when she says that it is so much more than makeup. That day was one of the best I have ever had in my entire 23 years of existence! Thank you so much, Kandee Johnson!

HUGE LOVE!

Here's the video! Hope you guys like it!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel!

Halloween makeup tutorials coming soon! I can't wait! I'm so excited!



P.S. The lines in some of my video shots are happening because of when I dropped my camera dying my hair =( SO sad about that. Hopefully I can replace it before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment