Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Build Up on the Basic Zombie Look!

In my last post I showed you guys a video for a very basic zombie look.

It's perfectly okay to stop with that look, but if you want to take it a step further, check this video out!

I used Ben Nye Rainbow Wheel and Ben Nye Bruise Wheel. You can use any cream makeup in similar colors.

I also use some liquid latex. Any brand is fine. You can usually find it in costume store. If you're in the Florence area (where I'm from in South Carolina) I found mine at Dance Etc.

And I use stage blood. Mine is from Ben Nye-it's mint flavored! And it's a nice, thick consistency and dries nicely. But any brand is fine. I've also made blood at home with chocolate syrup and karo syrup and food coloring (if you want to make your own blood you can look up a recipe for that online... it's not hard it's just time consuming and not as nice of a consistency as the stage blood. The last time I did a zombie costume I used the homemade blood to splatter my clothes with a couple days beforehand and then I used my stage blood on my skin).

Check out the video here:


And just in case you missed the basic zombie look, you can watch it here!



Hope you guys like it! New costume look coming soon (haven't decided what I'm going to do yet; it'll be a surprise for all of us, haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment